Fashion is a way of life style is what you make of it
Mail us @
Get Out The Box, Inc.
4048 English Creek Ave.
EHT, NJ 08234
Ways to Get Back on Track: Not long ago, you were energetic and determined to start your healthy lifestyle. Starting with enthusiasm and hope, you watched your food intake diligently, exercised like it was going out of style, and even avoided the temptation that seemed to lurk around every corner. You were confident that you were going to reach your goals once and for all! Then certain tragedy struck! You ate an extra piece of birthday cake. Realizing you had “blown” your diet, you ate another and another and couldn’t get it together the next day either. Or worse, you missed one workout, and that turned into a whole week away from the gym.
After that, your momentum to start over again was gone, and your gym bag hasn’t left the closet since. Every time you misstep on your healthy journey, you have two choices: to keep walking backwards, which will surely take you even further away from your goals; or to accept your lack of perfection as normal and forgivable, and take not one, but two positive steps down the path that brings your closer to the future you want.
If you’re reading this, you might have been walking backwards for a while. But instead of waiting for the next day, week, month or even year to overhaul your habits, start TODAY. And start small. You can’t go from the recliner to running or from burgers to Brussels sprouts in an afternoon. But you can do one, two or even a handful of small things that will help you regain your momentum for healthy living. When you feel like getting back on track is overwhelming, try one (or more) of these small steps each day:
- Try a new recipe. Cooking healthy foods can be fun and it never has to be bland.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Your morning meal sets the stage for the rest of your day, so start if off right! Get lots of breakfast ideas here.
- Drink your water. Try to aim for 8 cups each day and you’ll feel the difference!
- Exercise for 10 minutes. Jump rope, march in place, or do some crunches. Small amounts do add up to something big!
- Find a buddy. Get support from friends, whether you need someone to listen or a mentor to give you ideas and encouragement.
- Take a walk. Don’t worry about how long or far you go—just get out there!
- Create a motivational collage. Include pictures of your goal and reasons why you want to get there.
- Go shopping for some healthy foods. Use this shopping list for ideas.
- Check the nutrition facts before you go out to eat. That way, you can make an informed choice.
- Ride your bike. Even a leisurely ride has benefits for your body and mind.
- Work in the yard. Gardening and yard work is a great way to add activity to your day. Give it a try, you don’t have nothing to lose with this and a lot to gain.